You feel like you can use Outlook with EES benefits, but it doesn’t work properly. Here’s why you can’t use it and how you can handle it.
- EES benefits Outlook does not receive emails from the Internet.
- Also, I can’t send emails to the @u address of the Zengaku Computer System or the GWO’s @un address.
- On the other hand, notifications from Teams, Stream, etc. will go to Outlook for EES benefits.
- We recommend forwarding emails received in EES benefits Outlook to an address other than @u, @un or setting your email client to read them in IMAP or POP3 and not using Outlook after that.
Mail system for @u, @un
The @u mail (blue part of the figure) for faculty members and the @un mail (orange part) in the GWO system for administrative and technical staff are official mail systems that can be used by full-time staff from the time of appointment. Part-time employees may be able to use the service upon application.
- Zengaku Computer System: About Login Information
- Frequently Asked Questions: How do I use my @un email address?
Outlook on EES benefits
When you sign up for Office account on EES benefits, you’ll be able to sign in to the Microsoft 365 system in green in the diagram using your official @u or @un email address. This system also includes Outlook, an email system, but it is not supposed to be used to read or write email. You can write and send emails in this Outlook, but you can’t receive emails from the Internet.
In addition, all @u and @un addressed emails from within the EES benefit Microsoft 365 will be delivered to this Outlook. Notifications from Teams, Stream and other EES benefits office tools (such as invitations to Teams meetings) will be sent to this Outlook in the form of an email to @u, @un.
Setting up to receive notifications
It doesn’t work properly as an email system, but it does get notifications, so I recommend that you set it up so that you can read emails that come in Outlook for EES benefits, and then don’t use Outlook after that. However, as mentioned above, forwarding an email to an @u or @un address will not deliver.
If you are using a different address than @u, @un on a regular basis, you can set up forwarding to that address by signing in to outlook.office.com with the email address and password you registered for EES benefits, and then following the steps described here (“Click on the gear icon …” or later).
Alternatively, you can use IMAP or POP to read Outlook mail from your desktop mail client, such as Windows Outlook or macOS mail. Please refer to this procedure using the address and password that you registered for EES benefit.