|Online Class ・ Work from Home
1) When newly installing the PC (Windows, Mac) version
2) When the license warning is displayed on the PC (Windows, Mac) version
Virus Buster Corporate Edition that the University of Tsukuba has a license for is available only for members of the university.
Members who use the software on a personally-owned computer need to uninstall it promptly when leaving the university due to graduation, completion of studies or retirement.
[Note] Current client version of Windows and Mac can be found on the following page
About client software version of Trend Micro AntiVirus software (Win/Mac)
Trend Micro software install manual
[Reference information] About Trend Micro Security for Mac (TMSM) on Mac OS 10.15.1 (Catalina) (November 14,2019)
Made the Virusbuster install manual
How to exclude a specific process from inspection
When a process such as database, etc. is being executed which performs complicated file operations, the load on TMSM (Trend Micro Security for Mac) may become abnormally high and the Mac may be frozen.
In this case, this problem can be avoided by excluding the process that is the source of high load from the inspection of TMSM.
Please refer to the below page.
About process exclusion method in Trend Micro Security for Mac (TMSM)
**Notice** All the methods described here are not supported. Please do it at your own risk.
**Notice** Please manage the files used by the process not to be inspected by using other methods (manual scan etc.).
Scope of License
The license permits installation of the software on unlimited number of university-owned devices.
For the following Staff, Faculty, and Students, the license permits installation of the software on up to 3 personal devices (including Windows, Mac and mobile terminals) *1
- Full-time staff and faculty of the university, the affiliated schools, and the affiliated hospital
- Non-fulltime staff and faculty of the university *2
- Non-fulltime staff and faculty of the affiliated schools and the affiliated hospital
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Non-fulltime undergraduate and graduate students
- Emeritus professors
Windows, Mac, Mobile Devices
Windows, Mac and mobile phones (Android/iOS) that meet the system requirements.
For the details, refer to the following
- Windows (Japanese page). click 「ウイルスバスター コーポレートエディション XG サービスパック１」
- Mac OS (Japanese page). click 「Mac OS (Trend Micro Security for Mac) システム要件」
- Android OS (Japanese page). reference 「クライアントプログラム: Android™デバイス」
- iOS OS (Japanese page). reference 「クライアントプログラム: iOSデバイス」
About Surface, we received a report that in some cases, they met some trouble. Please make sure your Surface's CPU and OS version before installation. Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT pdc.sys with Trend Micro Anti Virus
Linux that meets the system requirements.For the details,
refer to Chapter 1-2: System Requirements in the following guide
Preliminary Notes before Installation
Please be aware of the following notes when using Virus Buster (Windows/mac) or ServerProtect for Linux.
- The following ports are used for communications between the software and the management server which is placed in Academic Computing & Communications Center:
443 8080 5274 35742 (for Windows) 443 8080 5274 61617 (for Mac)
If the subnetwork under which you connect your PC to the campus network has its own firewall, the firewall needs setting up to allow communications through the ports.
- Installation must be performed while connected to the campus LAN or VPN service.
- The activation code for the software is renewed every April. When the license is renewed, a new activation code is issued. Clients need to change the old activation code to the new one within 30 days. To make this change, you have only to connect your PC to the campus network. If you use the software off campus for a long time, connect your PC directly (or via VPN) to the campus network in April. Unless the new activation code is applied within 30 days, the software will be unable to receive the latest updates.
- When you perform a fresh installation or the license has been renewed, you need to set up the activation code. Access ServerProtect for Linux Activation Code Web and finish setting up.
- The license is renewed every April. Obtain a new activation code within April and apply the activation code manually. For the instructions, on how to obtain the activation code, refer to Installation for Linux.
If Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is installed
- Download a SEP uninstaller (called CleanWipe or Symantec Uninstaller) from ソフトウェア配布所 depending on your type of device.
- Download a Virus Buster (VB) installer depending on your type of device. DO NOT INSTALL NOW.
- Run the SEP uninstaller.
Reference link : Uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection with the CleanWipe utility
Check “Reboot automatically” in Screen 6.
- Run the VB installer. When the message saying 「WindowsによってPCが保護されました」 appears, click on 「詳細情報」. After clicking on「実行」, disconnect your PC from the network.
- When installation is completed, connect your PC to the network.
If a different antivirus software program is installed
Follow the same instructions as above, except for 1 and 4. For the instructions on how to uninstall your previous antivirus, look up yourself. Note that it is unnecessary to uninstall Windows Defender.
- SEP Uninstallers (ソフトウェア配布所)
- VB for Mac (Download Station)
- VB for Windows (Download Station)
Refer to the system requirements.
Installers are available to download from ServerProtect for Linux (Trend Micro Website)
Antivirus Software for Android and iOS .
ACCC has started offering TrendMicro Mobile Security (TMMS), an antivirus application for Android and iOS.(2018.11.27)
For more information, see below:
- Android : “TrendMicro Mobile Security (TMMS) for Enterprise Agent”.
- iOS : “TrendMicro Mobile Security (TMMS) for Enterprise Agent”.
If you have a question
choose “Software License” for the category in the following contact form and submit it:
The latest information on software that is provided by ACCC can be found in the e-mail newsletter.
To subscribe it, access htttp://www.u.tsukuba.ac.jp/icho-news/