|Online Class ・ Work from Home
(1) When newly installing the PC (Windows, Mac) version
(2) When the license warning is displayed on the PC (Windows, Mac) version
Trend Micro Apex One that the University of Tsukuba has a license for is available only for members of the university.
Members who use the software on a personally-owned computer need to uninstall it promptly when leaving the university due to graduation, completion of studies or retirement.
Trend Micro Apex One
Scope of License
Preliminary Notes before Installation
For Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School.
A new version of Trend Micro’s anti-virus software (Trend Micro Apex One) has been available since 18 January, 2021.
Older versions (Virus Buster and Security for MAC) will be supported until 31 January, 2022. Please update to the new version as soon as possible.
Note: older versions will not be supported in case of vulnerabilities after 1 July, 2021.
In order to update, please uninstall your current Virus Buster (or Security for Mac) and then install Trend Micro Apex One.
For more information to uninstall it, please see the Trend Micro Anti-Virus Software Guide.
Confirming the version of the anti-virus software
You can confirm the current client versions for Windows and Mac on the following page:
About the client software version of Trend Micro anti-virus software (Win/Mac)
Trend Micro software install manual
About the trouble information
Information about the trouble of Trend Micro products is posted on the top page of the Academic Computing & Communications Center.
In addition, please also check the Trend Micro Web Support Information.(in Japanese)
How to remove “Windows Protected Your PC”?
Due to the enhanced security of Windows, this message may appear during installation, preventing installation.
The following web page explains how to resolve this situation:
How to remove the “Windows Protected Your PC” message (in Japanese)
Note: This is a personal web page (Bokunchi no TV Annex).
About emails with the subject line “Trend Micro OfficeScan detected …”
If you receive an email with the subject line “Trend Micro OfficeScan detected and took action on a malicious email”, you will receive an attachment called “original.txt”.
This is a text file of the original email to alert you when you receive an email using the “Email Search Function” which has the following suspicions:
1) Suspected virus infection
2) Mail header bloat
The best way to deal with this is to “save it as a text file and open it with a text editor”.
Reference: Regarding e-mails with the subject line “Trend Micro OfficeScan detected …” (The Web Q&A page of Trend Micro, Inc.) (in Japanese)
When installing outside the University’s network, such as at home (Updated on 2 February, 2021.)
Trend Micro Apex One needs to be connected to the University network to activate the license.
Therefore, you need to connect to the University network immediately after installation and during the next April after installation.
There are two ways to do this:
(1) Bring your PC or other device into the university and connect to the university network.
(2) Use a VPN from home (see “VPN Service” for instructions).
Scope of License
The license permits installation of the software on unlimited number of university-owned devices.
For the following Staff, Faculty, and Students, the license permits installation of the software on up to 3 personal devices
- Full-time staff and faculty of the university, the affiliated schools, and the affiliated hospital
- Non-fulltime staff and faculty of the university *1
- Non-fulltime staff and faculty of the affiliated schools and the affiliated hospital
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Non-fulltime undergraduate and graduate students
- Emeritus professors
*1 Those who are not directly employed by the university are not included.
Windows, Mac, Mobile Devices
Windows, Mac and mobile phones (Android/iOS) that meet the system requirements.
For the details, refer to the following
- Endpoint Security with Trend Micro Apex One. click 「Apex One System Requirements」
- Mobile Security Solutions (Android iOS). reference 「System requirements」
Linux that meets the system requirements.For the details,
refer to ServerProtect for Linux
Preliminary Notes before Installation
Please be aware of the following notes when using Virus Buster (Windows/mac) or ServerProtect for Linux.
- The following ports are used for communications between the software and the management server which is placed in Academic Computing & Communications Center:
Windows : 80 443 137 138 139 445 4343 8080 21112 5274 5275
Mac : 80 443 4343 5274 5275 61617
- If the subnetwork under which you connect your PC to the campus network has its own firewall, the firewall needs setting up to allow communications through the ports.
- Installation must be performed while connected to the campus LAN or VPN service.
- The activation code for the software is renewed every April. When the license is renewed, a new activation code is issued. Clients need to change the old activation code to the new one within 30 days. To make this change, you have only to connect your PC to the campus network. If you use the software off campus for a long time, connect your PC directly (or via VPN) to the campus network in April. Unless the new activation code is applied within 30 days, the software will be unable to receive the latest updates.
- When you perform a fresh installation or the license has been renewed, you need to set up the activation code. Access ServerProtect for Linux Activation Code Web and finish setting up.
- The license is renewed every April. Obtain a new activation code within April and apply the activation code manually. For the instructions, on how to obtain the activation code, refer to Installation for Linux.
For Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School, the way to obtain the installer is different from the following way as a faculty and a student.
Please refer to the installer for Professor Emeritus. and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School.
(a)If a different antivirus software program is installed
Please uninstall all antivirus software installed on your PC (including previously in use).
Even if it is a Trend Micro product, this antivirus software cannot be installed if it is still on PC.
You will need to obtain information on uninstalling your current antivirus software. Please note that Windows Defender does not need to be uninstalled.
(b)Download Trend Micro Apex One
There are many cases where the computer stops working when ApexOne is installed on a computer to already installed another company’s antivirus software.
Errors related to a browser etc. on installing the Windows version
If you are installing using Windows Edge or Internet Explorer, you may receive an error.
Please refer the notes.
“Set Up Required Permissions” prompt appears when installing Trend Micro Apex One (Mac)
Due to a specification change in macOS Mojave (10.14), the new function has been added to restrict applications from accessing some protected categories of data.
Please refer the notes.
- Available on campus only.
- Please authenticate with your Unified Authentication System ID (UTID-13).
There are two versions, one for faculty members and one for students, in each of Android and iOS version.
Please make sure to authenticate with your own “Unified Authentication ID (UTID-13)” when you connect to the web. The installation instructions will be displayed according to the ID you have authenticated. Also, please read the notes on the web carefully before you try it.
- Android: “TrendMicro Mobile Security (TMMS) for Enterprise Agent”.
- iOS : “TrendMicro Mobile Security (TMMS) for Enterprise Agent”.
Note: (authenticate with Unified Authentication ID (UTID-13))
The installer for Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School.
Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School are not eligible to obtain the installer indicated above way.
Please refer to the following method.
Please apply using the contact form. Please note that we will reply to your the Zengaku Computer System e-mail address (@u.tsukuba.ac.jp), so please enter the Zengaku Computer System address in the e-mail address field of the enquiry form. In addition, please check the OS to be installed at the link “Object Devices” above and inform us.
If you do not have an address for the Zengaku Computer System, please complete “Applying for the Zengaku Computer System Account“.
・ Installation Manual for Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School (windows)
・ Installation Manual for Professor Emeritus and a student of the Acupuncture and Physical Therapy Teacher Training School (Mac)
Uninstall Tredn Micro Antivirus Software.
Uninstall Tool for Trend Micro products. （Windows and macOS)
If you have a question
choose “Software License” for the category in the following contact form and submit it:
The latest information on software that is provided by ACCC can be found in the e-mail newsletter.
To subscribe it, access htttp://www.u.tsukuba.ac.jp/icho-news/