802.1X authentication for wireless LAN is now being given a test operation. The 802.1X authentication is not for the displacement of web-based authentication, and it will be operated in parallel with the web-based authentication.
Period of test operation
The test operation will continue until 31st March, 2024.
Available access areas and eligibility
- Please refer to the relevant notes on the access point connection.
- Support services are unavailable due to test operation.
- Comments on functional improvement are welcome.
- The test operation may stop and end without notice.
- Connection method over 802.1X authentication may change without notice and it may differ from that of official service. Please check the notices and information provided by ACCC periodically.
- There is no consent page. By connecting to on-campus WiFi system using the 802.1X authentication, you shall be deemed to have agreed to all of the relevant notes.
How to use the On-Campus Wi-Fi System using 802.1X authentication
- Computer terminals that provide wireless LAN interface compatible with 802.1X authentication
- Wireless LAN interface configuration enabling automatic acquisition for IP address
How to get connected
- Find and select “utwlan-x” among available wireless LAN access points.
- Select “WPA2 enterprise” for authentication method, and input your UTID-13 and password. For more details, please refer to the following table.
Security WPA2 enterprise Encryption AES User ID UTID-13（13 digits on the back-side of your ID card） Password Password of the UTID-13 802.1x authentication method EAP-TTLS or EAP-PEAP
- At the time of the first connection, checking of server certificate may be required.
- After the success of the authentication, you terminals are connected to the on-campus WiFi system.
IP address assignment
|Assigned range||18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124|
Connection procedure for each OS
Please refer to the information published by OS maker.