The University of Tsukuba has a contract with Microsoft with respect to Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) for software products. With this contract, members of our university can take the following benefits.
# For hospital staffs, please ask the hospital system administrator
- Faculty and staff of our university can install eligible software products on PCs and other devices which belong to our university at no additional cost.
→ Please refer to the “Download” section of this site.
- Members of our university (eligible users including students) can install Microsoft Office to private PCs etc. at no additional cost.
→ Please see below in this page.
- Members of our university (eligible users including students) can use Office 365 cloud services at no additional cost.
→ Please see below in this page.
Installing Microsoft Office to private PCs etc. / Using Office 365 cloud services.
Thanks to the EES privilege, members (eligible users) of our university can install Microsoft Office up to on five personal PCs/Macs, five tablet devices, and five smartphones per person. (These advantage programs are called Student Advantage/Teacher Advantage (SA/TA).)
Eligible users can also use Office 365 cloud services such as Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business.
Please refer to the following website regarding the details of the advantage programs.
Eligible users: students, faculty and staff holding an @u or @un email address.
Note that those who left the university after concluding employment or after graduation cannot use the license.
Registration with Microsoft (signing up)
You must sign up to start using this benefit.
Please note the following points. Please be noticed that you have read the precautions before you ask us for support.
- You cannot sign up at the @s.tsukuba.ac.jp address!
- Please use @u.tsukuba.ac.jp address to sign up for students.
Please replace after @ in @s.tsukuba.ac.jp.
Mail that is sent to @u.tsukuba.ac.jp will be forwarded to @s.tsukuba.ac.jp.
- For faculty member or researchers, please use the @u.tsukuba.ac.jp address to sign up.
Note: If a name including a hyphen is set, use the one without a hyphen.
- Please use @un.tsukuba.ac.jp address to sign up for staff.
- Please set a password different from Unified Authentication System.
You can set a password freely when you sign up (note restricted characters that can be used).
- Your account, as well as all files you created will be deleted when you leave the university. Please back up your documents/contents before you leave.
Sign-up webpage for students:
Sign-up webpage for faculty and staff:
The system at Microsoft allows you to sign up on either webpage. However, for a management purpose, if you sign up at the webpage for a different category than your own (e.g. if a faculty member signs up at the webpage for students, or if a student signs up at the webpage for faculty and staff), the administrator will delete that registration, so please be careful.
How to use after signing up (signing in)
A user who has completed the signing-up process, can download Microsoft Office program and use Office 365 cloud services by signing in to the Microsoft website.
The address of the website to sign-in is:
(* Note: Please sign in with your address which contains @u.tsukuba.ac.jp or @un.tsukuba.ac.jp. If your browser is in a state that you signed in with an @s.tsukuba.ac.jp address, you will not be able to download Office program or so. In that case you will need to use a different browser, or to sign out and sign in again with @u address.)
After signing in, to download and install Office on your device, click the button at the top right of the portal.
* The buttons such as “Word”, “PowerPoint”, “Excel”, etc. displayed on this screen are not buttons for installing software on your local device but to use Office Online which you operate on the browser.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Please select “Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES)” as the “Category” and enter necessary items.
[Confirmed consistency at 2017-06-26T11:00 with the Japanese version 2017-06-09]